Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Enthusiasm is Everything



Ok..so, I was pretty excited to finish this year's Superfrog Half Ironman. Not only was it my first sub-5 hour half-ironman (about time..only been 8 years)...but, it was a tough course, and I alsmost didn't have a wheel to ride on 10 mins prior to the race. I never gave up hope that morning, and stayed relatively calm. Not sure how that happened, but it definitely paid off. And, my face shows it all.

I am not a professional athlete. My sister is- and she is my hero. I never wanted to be a professional triathlete- maybe a pro vball player....but, a pro triathlete, no. I do want to continue to get better with each training season. However, I am not going to kill myself if I don't win races. I DO, however, consider myself a professional coach. And, I get pretty bummed out when I feel like I haven't given it my all at a practice, or if I feel like I have not developed an athlete to her/his potential. I feel the same way with my everyday clients as well. And, frankly- the only way I get through my days sometimes is by pure excitement. Even if I have to fake it- excitement- enjoyment- passion- enthusiasm. Whatever it takes- good energy.

Energy and enthusiasm comes from your surroundings. And, I don't know how I do it, but most of the time, I have it. Or, if I don't, I find a place that does. Or, I talk to a friend who does. Or, I try to give more of it, and I get more back. It is the coolest thing in the world- enthusiasm. Energy. Enthusiasm: definition is-
1.Intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval.
2.A thing that arouses such feelings.
What I tell my kids is that nothing good is achieved without it- didn't Coach Wooden say that? Anyway, I believe it 100 percent. That is my "carpe diem" - enthusiasm. Coach E-nthusiastic. Try it tomorrow- you might like it! (fake it until it comes..)

No comments:

Clancy, Mike and I

Clancy, Mike and I
SB Tri Finishers- Nice Tiles!