Monday, March 5, 2012
Getting Recovery Time
I have had a very interesting last 2 weeks- not only in my training schedule, but my personal life- moving from town to town, keeping my work load the same, and then trying to train for a half ironman. It is pretty tiring sometimes, and it can get mentally exhausting. I have worked to find ways to de-stress and enjoy my free time as much as possible while still being productive. Also, I was thinking of how I could have the most fun as well while not wanting to quit my job!
Some things I have done in order to keep my mind on relaxing through this stressful time include:
1. Focusing on the things I really enjoy- coaching my volleybal kids. I have so much in Montecito and also down in Valencia doing LAVA strength training. Kids are so much fun and getting their feedback on how much they enjoy the coaching really makes me feel happy!
2. Going to Max Relax to get foot massages and/or full body massages. I enjoy Chinese Reflexology and it is so great to go in after a long run or bike ride and get my feet/back worked on. I also love the people who work there.
3. Laugh with my sister and mom. I enjoy spending a night or two down in Valencia and enjoying my family. it helps me to destress and we always end up laughing hysterically.
4. Drink less coffee and more tea. I love my coffee, but if I am a bit stressed, i can't have too much caffeine. It makes it worse.
5. Go for a run (fun run) on the beach. I really love going to the beach, and especially in the sun in the sand by the water. My favorite places ever.
6. Download some new tunes on iTunes. Who doesn't love more/new music! :)
7. Write my blog :)
I had a time trial today on my bike- a 30 minute, all-out effort and it felt amazing. I feel super fit right now and I am chilled out now that I am living in my new place. I am very excited and have a great friend/roommate.
Hope you have a great week!
Sight On These Sites
- ► 2008 (36)