Monday, June 30, 2008

First LONG BIKE- Century ride this weekend!

Last weekend, I had my first long bike ride of the season- the Ironman Training season, that is. My IRONMAN schedule is as follows:

September 7th- IM UK
October 11th- Kona
November 23rd- IM AZ2

I plan on doing at least 4 100+ mile rides in preparation for IM UK. I am going to get my new Kuota this week- the red Kueen K that I have been dreaming about. It is an XS frame, which will fit me better than my Kalibur did.

So, this last Sunday, I rode 85 miles with a small group of friends. We rode through the orange orchards in Ventura County, and then finished up Grimes Canyon, on the '23', down back to our cars parked right outside of Piru. It was a great ride, and considering I put in 40 miles the day before, I had a great 100+ weekend- in less than 24 hours.

I am going to do a Century Ride in Ventura- the Three Harbors Tour, on Saturday, July 5th. I am pretty excited- will be my first organized Century, so I will have many other people to ride with (below is the map of the route).



Congrats to all of my friends who completed the Ventura race this weekend! Nice work- Danielle, Dan, and Lisa!

Have a great week- whatever you might be doing...do it well and do it smart!

No comments:

Clancy, Mike and I

Clancy, Mike and I
SB Tri Finishers- Nice Tiles!