Wednesday, December 30, 2009

5th Day and Counting...Volleyball To Come




Today was my 5th day in a row surfing, and today I went to Rincon. Not very big waves, but definitely, I was able to catch a lot. However, it was really cloudy and misty, and it just wasn't the best weather for it, and my toe still hurt a lot from the previous day's wipe out at C Street. I am not sure that I will have time to surf tomorrow unfortunately, but I will make time to run in the morning. I am training for the Catalina Marathon, so I have to keep putting in the mileage.

Tonight, we are having Club Volleyball Practice. I am the Head Coach and Director of the Montecito Volleyball Club. We have roughly 4 practices before our first tournament. We have a great team, very competitive. I am going to focus on ball control tonight, and being strong on the attack, regardless of the set. I am also going to work on defense and converting the ball for a sideout. I hope that we get put in a tough division to start off in for this year, but we'll see.

One note on surfing today. I went out by myself, and this is the first time back out since yesterday. I was a bit discouraged yesterday because the waves were so strong and I think I was in over my head. Today, getting in was a bit discouraging as well- not because the waves were big, just because it was my first time back in the water- and my toe was super sore. But, enough complaining. I just had to get back in again, and I am glad that I did. It was nice to stand up on 3 waves, but a bit hard to paddle out against the surf in that low tide and rocky bottom. I might get the urge to go out tomorrow- can't wait for the day when I am out for more than 4 hours. That would be great!

Tomorrow is New Years Eve...time to enjoy the rest of the year and get ready for the new o

No comments:

Clancy, Mike and I

Clancy, Mike and I
SB Tri Finishers- Nice Tiles!