Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Have a Goal Snowball
If you are anything like me, you have GOALS. But, what exactly does having goals entail? Most times, we have goals an they are saved up in our memory and not clearly visible or revised or, at times, even defined. I have recently learned of a new way to think about the goal reaching progress, which might help you to learn how to pick away at the things that might be holding you back from your long term goal.
If you think about your big goal as a series of smaller goals to tackle on your way to the big goal, you are in effect, working on your goal snowball. Here is a process for you to put into practice this week. Think of 5 things you want to accomplish- things meaning behaviors or habits that you want to zero in on making better or changing. You can think of them in the training sense, or nutritional sense, or even in the sense of your lifestyle. After all, if you are not happy, you will not feel good, and as a result, not look good. Follow these 5 steps to reaching your goals and pretty soon, you're on your way to one giant attainable snowball.
Check it out:
1) Think of five or six behaviors you need to improve or change to reach your physique or performance goals.
2) List these things and put the easiest attainable goal at top.
3) "Maintain" all your other goals and focus your attention on the easiest behavior/habit first.
4) Once that change has been made you can move up to the next item on your list and focus your efforts on that one- then, repeat steps 1-4.
5) Pretty soon, all of your changes and/or goals will have been met.
Basically, think BIG PICTURE, but also keep in mind that it takes baby steps to get there.
Sight On These Sites
- ► 2008 (36)
- Please, Train Harder
- If the air quality is THAT shitty...
- Are you Eating Enough?
- The Best Compliment Ever...
- Mark Allen Gives "Strength Training" a Thumbs Up
- Trail Mix It Up
- Competition is Dying
- Put "I" First
- If I Wasn't a Triathlete, I would play...
- Have a Goal Snowball
- I WANT TO GET FASTER ON THE BIKE!!!!!
- ▼ October (11)