Monday, November 12, 2007

One More Day...


I was thinking the other day as I was working out that what we are doing, in fact, by exercising on a regular basis is buying ourselves another day of life. For each day you work out, you can add 1 more day onto your lifetime. I am not sure exactly how much of this is factual, as it has never been scientifically proven that I know of. But, it makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't' know how many times I train people during the day and they leave a lot happier than they walked in. I mean, rarely is the client on an early Monday morning super excited to jump on the treadmill and warm up. I try my best to motivate them, but all-in-all, it is truly up to the individual to buy-in to the workout and get excited. So, I started encouraging by reminding them about "One More Day..." and they seem to understand and get inspired by that.

So, next time you think that you don't want to run, or be in the gym, or swim those 50 laps in the pool- remember what you are doing. You are making an investment today for your future in health- and in an extended life. Have a great workout!

No comments:

Clancy, Mike and I

Clancy, Mike and I
SB Tri Finishers- Nice Tiles!