Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do What You Are Good At



Just had to throw in this picture of Macca and I from New Orleans...forgot I had it. Makes me smile everytime I see it- not because he is an Ironman Champion, but because it is a really good picture.

Hope all is going well in everyone's training. I am excited for McCray Miller and Anthony Barton at Ironman Lake Placid this weekend- tomorrow actually. Looking for some stellar performances- they have worked so hard.

I wanted to blog about a few things...mostly because I have had a few long runs this week, and they have not been super "planned" in any particular race program put together for myself, by myself. I, in fact, ran because I was enjoying it. In turn, I met a lot of people on my runs that I piggy-backed on, speed wise. I had fun chasing down 2 50-year old guys, doing intervals along the beach. Hung with them for 20 mins, had a wonderful workout. Copied the interval training workout with my athlete, Amy Mayfield, the next day. That was great. Had a sprint workout yesterday- jumped in at Platinum and did 20 30-sec intervals, in addition to some strength training in between. Then, this morning, ran 9 miles- this afternoon, rowed 4.5 miles. Felt great.

I know what I love- I love going fast. I don't particularly like the slow pace of the Ironman. I enjoy coaching at this level and the half-Ironman level. But, for Coach E- speed is where it is at. I am looking forward to Clearwater, and in the meantime- getting my new Kuota next week, and getting on that when I can. But, I really enjoy running with friends and then rowing- and definitely strength training again.

A new athlete of mine, Sherrie McIntyre, is a great cyclist- just coming off of a calf injury- and is enjoying getting herself stronger on land for her cycling. She will notice a big difference. I am enjoying doing some specific sport stretching and rolling for some clients to help them with range of motion, injury prevention, and overall relaxation.

Get out there and enjoy the fresh air when you can. Do the activities you truly enjoy while staying active and fit. You will be better for it in the LONG RUN.

Coach E

No comments:

Clancy, Mike and I

Clancy, Mike and I
SB Tri Finishers- Nice Tiles!