If you’re one to always head to the treadmill, bike, or elliptical machine when you get sick of the usual triathlon training regime - Check out why you should give rowing a shot.
1. Total whole-body exercise - your upper body, core and back strength is a huge part of the workout.
2. Improves your coordination, sense of rhythm/pacing, body awareness, and is actually very relaxing.
3. Talk about heart rate training- ou can easily vary the intensity of your workouts
Work harder by: Increasing your speed & rowing faster. Or,
pushing with your legs and pulling with your arms with more power and intensity.
4. Low-Impact to keep knees and thighs safe- injury free. Works both the quads and hammys, while giving your backside an amazing workout.
5. Works your joints in full-range of motion, in a less than full-weight bearing position- which, assists in building bone density.
6. Amazing core workout- your abs will be sore the next day if you do this correctly. Your back gets a great workout as well, which helps with that balance.
7. Rowing is fantastic for developing strong core muscles. If you do Pilates training, or other targeted core activities - rowing is a great additional workout activity to apply what you’ve been discovering about your body.
8. Row for 5-10 minutes before you begin your strength workout- that is also a great idea to break a sweat if you can't or don't feel like running.
Rowers are pretty easy to find at your local gym- and it is usually simple to get on one. Try one today!
Sight On These Sites
- ▼ July (3)
- ► 2008 (36)