If you are having trouble fitting in your regular eating periods during the day (getting in your daily 5-6 small meals a day), then you might want to think out of your diet box and try these high energy, healthy snack combos (all around 300 calories). They are some of my absolute favorites and you should find something that is appealing to your pallet.
1. Nana-Yo: 1 banana with a Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt.
2. Tropical Cottage: 3 rings of pineapple with 2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese.
3. Peanut Butter Taco: 2 tsp natural peanut butter with wheat tortilla (low carb).
4. Yo-Mix: 1/4 cup Trail Mix (no M&Ms) with Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt.
5. The Stringy Apple: 1 serving string cheese with 1 Gala Apple.
6. Mixed Berry Nut: 1/4 cup Almonds with 1/2 cup strawberries/blueberries.
7. The Blue Granola: 1/2 cup granola with raisins on 1/2 cup nonfat blueberry yogurt.
8. Mango Mex: 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese with 1/4 cup medium mango salsa.
Have fun exploring your snacking opportunities! Remember that it only takes a few minutes for preparation in the morning to gather some of these snacks together to take on your busy day. Don't be THAT lazy that you can't feed yourself right.
Sight On These Sites
- ► 2008 (36)
- ▼ 2007 (64)