Monday, July 30, 2007

2nd Big "Brick"

Yesterday (Sunday, July 29th), I had my 2nd big brick workout. I had a great idea to go to Santa Barbara for the day to do it- to not only change it up scenery-wise, but to enjoy some weather 20 degrees cooler than I was used to here in Santa Clarita. The workout consisted of the following- in the same order:

Run: 10 miles
Bike: 75 miles
Run: 7 miles

I set off at 9am and thought that by 4pm, I would be done and enjoying some Chipotle down on State Street.

1st Run: East Beach Bath House was my transition area. I set off from there and ran the SB Triathlon run course- which I knew was exactly 10 miles. My goal was to have a faster run both times today, as they were split up into two (17 miles after a 75 mile ride would for sure be slower). So, I ran 10 in about 1:25 and felt great! Got in my bike after that and took off toward Carpinteria...

Ride: I started my ride, wanting to keep it fairly flat, but as I got to Carp, I decided to take a left at Hwy 150. The sign said Ojai-20 miles. So, I proceeded. It was not flat, but I got there and turned around- and it was exactly 4.5 hours. It was a great ride...

2nd Run: I ran the run course again, but this time- turned around a bit sooner. I actually got to the turnaround point at the same time that I did the first run, and I finished strong. Felt great!

So, today...run/lift/swim. Race this weekend in Windsor- Barb's Race. Half Ironman.

No comments:

Clancy, Mike and I

Clancy, Mike and I
SB Tri Finishers- Nice Tiles!