Now with summer in full swing, and your appetite on full-blast for some sweet, cool treats (not a Dairy Queen Blizzard!), you might be wondering what some good choices are as far as being low in calories and fat. I was reading Men's Fitness and they had a great article on icy treats for stifling the summer heat. I thought I would restate them in my blog- you should be able to locate them in your nearest grocer's freezer (see Men's Fitness, August 2007). I have listed them in lowest to highest calorie ranking.
1. Sugar Free Popsicle (Popsicle Brand): 15 cals/piece.
2. Edy's Fruit Bars (Edy's/Dreyer's Brand): 30 cals/piece.
3. Fudgsicle (Popsicle Brand): 40 cals/piece.
4. Yoplait Double Fruit Smoothies Nonfat Frozen Yogurt: 45 cals/piece.
5. Weight Watchers Sherbet & Ice Cream bars: 60 cals/piece.
6. Absolutely Free Gourmet Ice Cream: 80 cals/piece.
7. Eskimo Pie Original: 120 cals/piece.
8. Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino Low Fat Ice Cream Bars: 120 cals/piece.
*There was some discussion about whether or not they tasted as good as they were "low in calories." That will be up to you to decide. If you do get a chance to try a variety, please feel free to comment on them and let me know!
Sight On These Sites
- ► 2008 (36)
- Do What You Love- 5 Tips to Keep your Workout Fres...
- 2nd Big "Brick"
- Mental Motivation
- First Big Brick
- Stop The Bad Talk
- 6 Ways To Shake Your Workout Blues
- Adjust For the Heat
- 8 Cool Summer Treats- without the Guilt!
- 10 Ways to Flavor Up Your Protein!
- It's Tour Time!
- It's Hot! Don't Lose Your Cool, or Your Salt
- Don't Miss a Step
- STARBUCKS: MY “SAVORY 7” LOW CAL DRINKS
- ▼ July (13)