Life is too short to "work out," doing the same thing day in and day out, without enjoying it. Take inventory of what you are doing daily to get yourself in shape and healthy and if you truly aren't enjoying it, chances are you are just getting bored. If you can take your workout to a different place, or do it with a different workout buddy, at a different time of day, you might enjoy it more and remember why you love to work out so much in the first place.
Some Ideas to Keep Your Workout Fun:
1. Try an evening workout rather than your typical morning workout.
2. Instead of your daily run on the treadmill, head outside to the great outdoors for a cooler jog.
3. Try flipping your resistance training routine- that is, do your lifts in reverse order (trying to still keep your bigger muscle groups first).
4. USE YOUR IPOD! You might workout better with music, as it is a great motivator. Plus, it lets you keep your mind focused and ignore the outside distractions.
5. Play a sport or Set a Goal: Get out and play a pick-up basketball or volleyball game with your friends. What about training for a triathlon? A 5K? Set a goal and train for it. You will be less reluctant to skip out on your workouts because you have this event planned.
Sight On These Sites
- ► 2008 (36)
- Do What You Love- 5 Tips to Keep your Workout Fres...
- 2nd Big "Brick"
- Mental Motivation
- First Big Brick
- Stop The Bad Talk
- 6 Ways To Shake Your Workout Blues
- Adjust For the Heat
- 8 Cool Summer Treats- without the Guilt!
- 10 Ways to Flavor Up Your Protein!
- It's Tour Time!
- It's Hot! Don't Lose Your Cool, or Your Salt
- Don't Miss a Step
- STARBUCKS: MY “SAVORY 7” LOW CAL DRINKS
- ▼ July (13)