Tuesday, September 18, 2007

FOCUS YOU

Webster.com defines FOCUS in 8 different ways. Today, I'd like to touch on these:

1. a state or condition permitting clear perception or understanding
2. direction

In order to reach any goal in life: family, racing, nutrition, work- you need to first understand the direction in which you hope to go, and then set a path of least resistance for which to reach your destination. Take into account that our life throws us come curve balls now and again, and some this clear direction, or FOCUS, can get blurry. Some of these curve balls include:

1. Sickness/ Health
2. Kids
3. Friends
4. Work pressures
5. Time

These are just some distractions that can lead to a blurred FOCUS to our end goals. I don't like excuses- in fact, I am all about one taking personal responsibility for their actions. My biggest pet peeve when it comes to the 5 examples I list above is when someone tells me they didn't HAVE TIME. Time is the universal thing that each of us has in our corner- everyone has an equal amount of it in a day. The most successful people are the ones who use it most effectively. The people who are FOCUSED- focused on minimizing the curve balls in their life to use time on their side to get to their goals. Take the TIME in the planning of your route to your goal- so that when you are on your way to your destination, you can best manage your time effectively and minimize any pit stops along the way.

The biggest distraction to focus, however, that I did not list above is reading this email. Yes, YOU. I think that ONESELF be one of the biggest limitations in one's quest to focus who they only hope one day to become. I hear things like, "I wish I could", or "I can't see myself," or "How did you do that? I couldn't..." and that just baffles me. I have never put that much of a limitation on myself and you shouldn't either. So, literally- check yourself, see where you are at as far as your level of commitment is concerned and get YOU focused.

Have a GREAT swim/bike/run/fun today...

No comments:

Clancy, Mike and I

Clancy, Mike and I
SB Tri Finishers- Nice Tiles!